Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week of Stories - July 26

Stories read this week from over at A Year of Stories, Pirate.

Monday: “Transients in Arcadia” by O. Henry * * *
Tuesday: “To Do” by Deb Olin Unferth * * * *
Wednesday: “A Chaparral Prince” by O. Henry * * * *
Thursday: “The Clarion Call” by O. Henry * * *
Friday: “A Retrieved Reformation” by O. Henry * * * *
Saturday: “The Hiding of Black Bill” by O. Henry * * *
Sunday: “Trucks” by Stephen King * * * *

My favorite story of the week was: “Trucks” by Stephen King

From the review: “This is the kind of story that would have really excited me – creatively and in my imagination – when I was a kid and spent my summers traveling by semi across the country, staying many nights in truck stops, constantly surrounded by vehicles such as these monstrous trucks.

No comments: