Saturday, May 2, 2009

Music to Carry Me Away

Six years ago (doesn't feel like that long ago) I spent a lot of time burning CDs - this was all pre-iTunes craze - of the music I'd accumulated during my time in Iowa City (college - round 1). Flipping through the binders of music I have sitting on my shelf this afternoon I'm finding all sorts of good stuff. At least, I remember it being good stuff, years ago.

None of this music - all at least 3+ years old - is on my computer, the iPods, or in any type of rotation. Hasn't been for ages. I think over the next few months I'll dig in. I'll play albums not played in years, upload some tracks to the iPods for workouts, save some music to the hard drives for posterity (only the good stuff). I'm sure there's a small fortune of music there (my credit card debt would attest to that), a small wealth of tunes to carry me through the summer.

Today: A burned mix of songs from Days of the New and Live.

No comments: