Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Five and One-Half Year Plan

It’s a good thing to have a goal, to have a target with which to aim your attention. And if it’s a good thing to have a goal, it must be a great thing to have an entire list of goals.

Today is December 17, 2009, and in five and one-half years – on June 17, 2015 – I’ll be exactly 35 years old.

But thirty-five is not the end. Heck, I hope it is not even the halfway point of my life. What it can be is the start of the rest of my life.

Things now are not what I had hoped they would be. It is my intention to work my way toward the life I want to be living, the life I deserve to be living.

I've created a list of goals - some of which I'll share and others I might not - and over the next 5.5 years I'll be posting my progress on the blog. It won't be every day. It might not even be every month. But as my goals change, are achieved or struggled with, I'll post my progress to the blog. It keeps me accountable and striving towards the life I want to be living.

The list is daunting, but achievable. Let's get to it.
(9:21 PM - 12/17/09)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Good for you Pirate. I hope one of your goals isn't beating up monkeys. You would fail miserably.

Good Luck!

Unknown said...

So...how's the 5.5 year plan coming? I know you've knocked some things off the list. What's left that the Monkey can help you with?