Friday, December 10, 2010

Overlooked Catastrophe/Blessing

In my frustration/anger last night about my end of the day troubles I neglected to mention the following devastating news:

My watch broke.

I know. I'm at a loss. I have to have a watch. I'm at wit's end if I can't look to my wrist and see that three minutes have passed.

A small piece on the face came loose and now catches my minute hand around the 40-minute mark every rotation. I've tried all I can to save the watch, but I'm no miracle worker.


The down side is that I really liked this watch; it had an impressive face and heft.

The up side is that I can purchase a new, better watch. I would have picked one out tonight, but I didn't make it to the mall (there were no great movies out to see this weekend - at least, not around here).

As soon as I get the new watch I'll show-and-tell it for you.

No comments: