Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not My Marathon

My brother is running the Walt Disney World Marathon this morning. I received his first text at 1:20 AM as he was getting around to head out to the race. Later I saw that he started his run at 6:04:48 AM.

I believe my uncle signed me up to receive race updates via email, and for this I couldn't be happier. See, I was supposed to be running this marathon with my brother.

And then I didn't train. Not like I was supposed to. Not like I promised to. Not in time to run this marathon I sort of talked my brother into running. How completely uncool of me.

As I slept in bed this morning, the updates came in. 5 miles at 58:31; 10 at 1:58:09; half at 2:37:41; and 20 at 4:15:51. I'm sure he's near done by now. I'm proud of what the little Monkey is accomplishing at this very moment. I wish him the best.

My plan is to be at the Disney Marathon next January. I think my brother said he might even go down and run the half. Hopefully this time I won't disappoint him, or myself.

Congrats, Monkey!

No comments: