Friday, November 28, 2008

First Rodeo by honeyhoney


This is an amazing CD from a band I had not heard of before two days ago.

Signed to Ironworks Music - the music company co-owned by Keifer Sutherland - I hoped they would be half as good as Rocco Deluca and the Burden. I was not disappointed. They have that same alt-country vibe, that same twang that isn't quite country, yet is country done tremendously well. The music is catchy and addictive and new. I have a feeling I'll be spinning this CD for quite some time.

Possibly as long as February when the new Rocco CD drops.

First Rodeo by honeyhoney is available in stores and online now .

Top Tracks: "Little Toy Gun" and "Come On Home"

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

You should check out The Gaslight Anthem. They are in the same vein as the Dropkick Murphys, The Bouncing Souls, Flogging Molly, etc. They aren't as in your face as DM, but echo the East coast punk Celtic-esque flavor of Bouncing Souls.

Escape Pirate said...

I'll give them a listen. I'm always up for new musical finds...especially in the same vein as Dropkick and Flogging Molly.