Thursday, November 27, 2008

Up Late and Wandering

I'm up late (for me) and had the urge to look back through my blog. There's some fascinating things I'm noticing again for the first time in over a year(!) -

I used to blog about a thing I called The Stacks. I would list all the media I was currently working my way through...only it appears I never got anywhere with any of it. Example from my last post on September 17, 2007:
---
Books:
Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson - finished
The Dark Tower (Dark Tower book 7) by Stephen King - finished
On Writing by Stephen King - still on the bookshelf
Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay - still on the bookshelf
The Magical Life of Long Tack Sam by Ann Marie Fleming -still on the bookshelf
No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July -still on the bookshelf
Tumble Home: A Novella and Short Stories by Amy Hempel - still on the bookshelf
Pretty Little Mistakes by Heather McElhatton - still on the bookshelf
His Dark Materials – Book III: The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman - still on the bookshelf
The Road by Cormac McCarthy - finished

(3 for 10 finished)

Magazines:
Paste issue 32, June 2007
Corel Painter: Official Magazine #5

(not even sure if I still have these magazines - though I'm sure I do, only where?)

DVDs:
The X-Files: Season 6 (TV series) - not finished
Weeds: Season 1 (TV series) - finished
Deadwood: Season 3 (TV series) - nope
Futurama: Season 2 (TV series) - nope
Black Snake Moan - nope
The Replacement Killers - nope, not done either
Spawn: The Animated Collection (TV series) - no
300 - nada
Rome: Season 1 (TV series) - sorry, no
Heroes: Season 1 (TV series) - finished

(2 for 10)

Comics:
Blood: A Tale (TPB) - no
The Other Side (GN) - no
Beyond! (TPB) - no
Pearls Before Swine: Lions and Tigers and Crocs, Oh My! by Stephan Pastis (Treasury) - finished
Grendel Archives (TPB) - no
Grendel: Devil by the Deed (TPB) - no
The Goon vol. 1: Nothin’ But Misery (TPB) - no
The Goon vol. 2: My Murderous Childhood (And Other Grievous Yarns) (TPB) - no
Sentences: The Life of MF Grimm (HC) - no
Scalped vol. 1: Indian Country (TPB) - finished
Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders vol. 1 (TPB) - no

(2 for 11)
---
And this stuff was on my pile to read/watch back on September 17, 2007! And it's not like I haven't added to that in the past year.

I spend entirely too much money on stuff still patiently waiting on shelves. I'm up to 13 bookshelves full of stuff in my home. I'm literally surrounded by unfinished purchases.

Also, there were labels for posts about weight loss (no success there) and bike riding (haven't done that almost half a year) - things that have fallen by the wayside.

All is not lost. In fact, I have some plans for next year, plans that might reinvigorate this blog (and the joy I get from writing)...

Stay tuned.

No comments: