Saturday, April 4, 2009

Cool, Breezy, and Wet

I heard the rain start falling a few minutes ago. I'd been planning - and procrastinating - a workout outside all day long. The rain scrubbed those plans. I have no desire to get drenched and sick.

But I did step outside onto my meager little porch. It felt wonderful to stand there, out with the cool breeze and wet. It is the kind of weather you can smell. Hopeful weather. Like something new is coming along.

I could use some new again. Things have not been good this past month - not bad, but just not as great as the first few months of the year. The short slide back into bad habits has become more pronounced and I'm struggling to find a way to stop the fall. My good intentions are coming up short, week after week.

Where do I go from here? That's the weight on my shoulders tonight.

No comments: