Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 12 – Airbending, Hot Tubs, 10’s, and Condors

THE LAST AIRBENDER. Yeah, that’s probably not far from the truth. I don’t think they’ll be making any sequels to that movie. What looked promising turned out to be rather boring.

And that’s a shame because the source material – the Nickelodeon cartoon series – was a wonderfully animated, spirited – fun – cartoon filled with action and excitement. That none of those elements carried over is what made the film truly disappointing.

Not that the day was a total loss. When I returned home from seeing THE LAST AIRBENDER, I watched 3 movies I enjoyed very much. HOT TUB TIME MACHINE and SHE’S OUT OF MY LEAGUE were funny and entertaining. Alice Eve from SHE’S OUT OF MY LEAGUE…a perfect 10, unquestionably.

And CONDORMAN – that childhood classic – was amazing. Even though I remembered not a single part, I can see why I would have enjoyed the film as a kid. It had everything: the everyday man mixed up with spies, car chases, boat chases, superhero costumes, action, explosions…I’m sure my 5 year old mind was blown at the time.

No comments: