Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 17 - Books

I don’t know if it’s just that earlier in the year I wasn’t really reading books at the rate I have been this summer, but the last five books I read were amazing. So good that I’ve been reluctant to put them down unless I had to go to work or was too tired to continue reading. Those five books totaled over 3,000 pages, and I just tore through them.

Tonight I finished CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins, the second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. The story ends with a good enough cliffhanger that I’ll be counting down the days until the final book hits stores (August 24th).

Books in a series seem to be my downfall this summer. Back-to-back I finished THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE and THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET’S NEST. Back-to-back I just finished THE HUNGER GAMES and CATCHING FIRE. Before those was THE PASSAGE. I'm in some sort of luck here because the second book of this series has not yet been written yet.

I guess I need to make sure the next book I choose to read isn’t part of a series. Only, looking at my stack, I notice that I’ve already started HUNGER by Michael Grant, and if I finish it I have LIES waiting patiently on the bookshelf. Another series (books 2 and 3 of the Gone series), another chunk of the summer?

No comments: