Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 19 - Yelling Discount

It should be socially acceptable for a person to vent their feelings or frustration vocally and viciously. Granted, some people will have a more natural talent for providing and weathering such outbursts of anger, so we would have to find a way to even things out. Compensation of sorts.

I imagine it would work a little something like this:

A person places an order for chicken chunks with barbeque sauce at a drive-thru of a fast food restaurant. That person looks in the bag and once again the barbeque sauce is missing. The person should be able to drive back around to the window, hand the restaurant worker a dollar, and then tear the worker a new poophole (verbally, of course).

If you don’t want to pay the cost of verbally abusing someone, you simply keep the complaint to yourself.

Sounds pretty simple to me. And you’d be able to use this practice anywhere. Don’t get enough extra butter on your movie popcorn, fork over a buck and let loose. Don’t think the neighbors should let their dog bark through the night, knock on their door, and simply provide the payment to give them a piece of your mind. Don’t like the look of someone’s face, give them a dollar to expound on their ugliness.

Sure, this will upset some people, but just imagine the thick-skinned character it will build. And, it’s not like they get nothing out of the deal. Listen to some dummy’s rant and get a free dollar.

Only problem is I’d be broke. I’d be handing out dollar bills faster than I could make them. So I guess it’s still just silent yelling at people for me. For the time being.

1 comment:

Steve Shaver said...

I think that's fantastic. I can vent like that at UPS and I still get paid while doing it.