Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 8 - TOY STORY 3

I saw TOY STORY 3 today, and it was wonderful. It was just as good as the original, much better than the second one. It is hard to believe that it’s been so long since the first movie came out. It is not like I was a child when it was originally in theaters, but I was still kid enough to find it special. (Who am I kidding, I’m still kid enough to find most movies amazing.)

In this new movie I especially liked the addition of Ken (voiced by Michael Keaton) and Big Baby. There is nothing creepier/cooler than a giant, giggling, one-eye-busted, baby. There also some monkey action – loved the exploding barrel of monkeys and the security monkey. I also really enjoyed the intro cartoon, NIGHT AND DAY. It was slightly more adult in execution, but to tell the truth, those intro cartoons have always seemed to me a bit more geared to the adults in the audience than the kids.

Seeing it all in XD 3D made it an overall impressive afternoon in theaters.

No comments: