Saturday, September 8, 2007

200th Post! -
Dexter: Music from the Series Review

Dexter: Music from the Series by Daniel Licht & Various

A Best of the Year find. I love this show. Ever since catching the first episode on a Showtime sampler disc, I’ve been hooked. Part of what hooked me was the original score. It was fun and dark and eerie. Reminiscent of Danny Elfman, the score completely killed me. How happy I was to learn that the week after I bought the first season on DVD I was be able to buy the score as well. The disc contains about 40 minutes of score and 20 minutes of music from the show – a collection of Miami-sounding songs. All fine and dandy, but it’s the score I can’t stop playing. The main title theme by Rolfe Kent just might be the single best TV theme ever written. I can’t recommend the series, or music, highly enough. Great, great work.

8 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Obviously you're wrong. The greatest TV intro is obviously a tie between TMNT, Transformers, and GI Joe.

Escape Pirate said...

You're going to give it to a show that simply says it's own name over and over and over again? Actually, I do like TMNT's intro. I don't remember GI Joe's intro, unless it's the same intro used in the movie...and that one rocked. Transformers...eh.

Midnight Sprinter said...

What about Thundercats?

Ryan said...

Yeah...what about Thundercats??? And don't you be trying to diss my Thundercats. I will go Panthro on your behind! Just because you can't remember what you did yesterday doesn't mean the rest of us don't...

Escape Pirate said...

Oh yes, Thundercats. Another show with the title sung over and over again. But, bonus points for the HO! That really gets you pumped up to watch the show.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Whatever... you like a group called Oingo Boingo and Emo... you're thoughts are invalid!

Escape Pirate said...

You don't want to get into a war of things once like with me, my man.

And now, for sure, the little brother will be attacking you - and rightfully so - for dumping on the Boingo.

Ryan said...

MONKEY ATTACK!!!

Do NOT speak ill of the Boingo. They were one of the most creative, intelligent, rock your face off bands of all time. (thank you Danny)

There might just need to be a rumble in the jungle to solve this battle of monkey madness. Come get Some!!!