Monday, September 24, 2007

And the TV Owns Me (Mondays)

The new fall TV season kicks off with a bang.

The premieres of Heroes and Journeyman. Fantastic TV.

Heroes managed to build on all that came before in the last season - even gave one character a beard (always cool) - and cranked out a great first episode of the season. A lot of the characters from last season weren't even present in this episode, but plenty of new ones - and new mysteries and questions - were introduced. The question I have: why does the man in the shipping box not remember who he is? Where did he get his necklace and his new powers? And why is he in Ireland? I love my TV with questions and cliffhangers.

Journeyman: a flawless pilot episode. This just might be my new favorite show of the season. It could be I'm a sucker for time travel, but this show is really working for me. There is, of course, the time travel, and a love story - or two, twenty years apart - and a mysterious underlying reason behind it all. Intriguing, to say the least.

Monday nights look good.

Oh, and Chuck? It was okay. Nothing great, but there were some funny moments and a hot blonde chick. If I have to make time for a life away from TV, this would be the hour on Monday I could miss.

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Fake heroes, time travel, and Chuck... doesn't sound too far from a WWE night on Raw.

We will probably be in Ankeny starting next Tuesday night. I know you'll be all moved on and such, but just thought I would give you an FYI

Escape Pirate said...

Good to know that you'll be back in town. I know I'll be seeing you Thursday night...

Now, hopefully I remember to go and buy that white shirt.