Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New Comics - September 12, 2007

Cover of the Week:
Justice Society of America #9 by Alex Ross
DC Comics

I told you about a month ago that when this Power Girl cover joined my weekly stack it would be the “sure bet” as winner. And I was correct. She has one of the most original costumes of any super-heroine, but that’s not what catches my eye on this cover. Really. It’s the tilted-up head and the hair. They look so realistic. It’s an amazing cover. The light – the shadows – the folds of the cape hanging off a single shoulder: it all works to create a very powerful image. Very nicely done, Mr. Ross.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Countdown Presents: The Search for Ray Palmer #1
Countdown #33
Justice Society of America #1
Suicide Squad #1
Booster Gold #2
Justice League of America: Wedding Special #1
Casanova #9
The New Avengers #34
X-Factor #23
Punisher War Journal #11

Ultimate Spiderman vol. 18: Ultimate Knights (TPB)
Showcase Presents: Batman and the Outsiders vol. 1 (TPB)

Watch for thoughts or quick reviews when a comic requires the extra attention.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm sure it's the face and hair that get you with any version of Power Girl. Right...

Escape Pirate said...

You do sort of get used to the costume after awhile. You hardly even notice.

Midnight Sprinter said...

With guns like that, if Power Girl caught you oogling her 'costume' I'm sure she would provide swift justice to remedy the situation.

Escape Pirate said...

Tru dat.