Thursday, September 6, 2007

New Comics - September 6, 2007

Cover of the Week:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 #6
by Jo Chen
Dark Horse Comics

There was no way this cover of Faith was not going to win. Aside from just really wanting to read this issue, the artwork on the cover is top notch. Every month the comic shop tries to give me the Georges Jeanty variant cover to Buffy, but I always switch it for the Chen one. The painted character work closely resembles the actors from the show and it’s nice to see them again – even if it isn’t up on the TV.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 #6
Countdown #34
Infinity Inc. #1
Outsiders #50
Justice League Unlimited #37
Nightwing #136
Black Canary: Wedding Planner #1
She-Hulk #21
The Incredible Hulk #110

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes: Dominator War (TPB)
DMZ vol. 3: Public Works (TPB)
Sentences: The Life of MF Grimm (HC)

Watch for thoughts or quick reviews when a comic requires the extra attention.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I like Faith...

Escape Pirate said...

Who doesn't? That's what I'm saying.