Monday, October 29, 2007

Foreign Movies

I've been on a bit of a foreign movie kick. Tonight I watched The Valet, a French romantic comedy. It was quite good. Funny and charming and nice. It's fun to watch a movie that you can simply enjoy. This one was about a parking valet who is asked to live with a supermodel so that this billionaire who is cheating on his wife (with the supermodel) can continue to get away with his affair. It's a French movie, but feels somewhat American. It's like I could picture the movie being remade here, but not being done as well as it was originally. It's worth the rental.

I'd also highly recommend Cashback. This one's a British film, and a bit...sexier. It's a comedy about an art student suffering insomnia after being dumped by his girlfriend who then goes to work on the night shift at a supermarket full of crazy employees. There's some stopping of time, some romance, and a happy ending. I enjoyed this one so much I had to buy a copy of my own.

Other great foreign Netflix choices: Love Me If You Dare and The Black Book.

No comments: