Sunday, October 28, 2007

What A Weekend

So I ran for the first time in over a year. And it felt good. Today was my 11th straight Run for the Roses up in Ames, and I planned to walk the entire 5K because I am so out of shape. Instead, I started out running, and ended up running all but .75 miles of the 3.1 mile race. I was just in the zone, I suppose. It felt good and I'm only slightly sore now - I'm sure tomorrow will be worse.

I unpacked 15 book boxes and found that I'll need way more shelf space for my collection of comics, books, movies and music. I'll have to order a couple more bookcases and maybe even think about getting rid of some things (or consolidating my movies like I did my CDs).

I also went to 30 Days of Night for the second time. I ate ribs at Texas Roadhouse. I watched a bunch of 7th season Buffy the Vampire Slayer while doing work.

All in all it was a productive - but short - weekend. I hope to get back to updating the blog a bit more regularly. Sorry for the long break between posts. I think things are turning around to the point that I will have time to do some writing. Crossing my fingers.

No comments: