Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oingo Boingo Avenged

It came as pleasant surprise to me while listening to Avenged Sevenfold's new self-titled CD that they heavily sampled an old Boingo song, "Nasty Habits." It was so much like Boingo that I had to check the booklet and then hop online to see what was going on.

Turns out the band was a big fan of the Boingo. So much so that they pulled together some of the former members (Marc Mann and Steve Bartek) to help out on Avenged's new album. Avenged Sevenfold's track, "A Little Piece of Heaven," best displays the influence and a nearly identical string arrangement as is in "Nasty Habits."

I love noticing things like this because I am so not musically inclined. I can't keep a beat to save my life. I'll puff up my chest the rest of the night at my musical might.

For more information on the new album, check out this short article.

1 comment:

Michelle Guy said...

For the past three days since I heard the song I've been wondering what song it was. I've listened to all my Oingo Boingo songs and I finally decided to google it. Unfortunately, I don't own a CD with Nasty Habits on it, hah. Awesome, thanks so much for posting this.