Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Catching Up On Fables

I was 5 collections behind on the comic series Fables. I'm sort of upset with myself for letting such a great series fall by the wayside. I read the entire 8th volume, Fables: Wolves, tonight and was reminded how great the series is. I have the other four collections sitting on my end table ready to read, and I'll get to them over the next couple of days.

I wanted to get all caught up for two reasons: 1.) It's a great series, and it will be a pleasure to read such a big chunk of it in such a short period of time, and 2.) I have the oversized, hardcover of the James Jean covers for the first 75 issues that I'm dying to spend some time with.

For as much as I want to cut back on my excessive comic spending, I read a series like this, or find a new artist (Guillem March) who simply blows me away, and I find myself dragging my heels.

No comments: