Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Twenty-First Day of Christmas: Pie

I finally did it; I made my apple pie from scratch.

I had been talking about baking a homemade - crust and all - pie for quite some time. It turned out to be just as long an endeavor as I had anticipated. (Sweet monkeys, cooking takes time and leaves quite a mess.)

The pie is currently cooking away in my oven (I just took the foil off from around the edge of the crust). It will be done in time to take to Christmas with my mom this afternoon. I hope it is at least edible, but I'm not making any promises. I followed the recipe, but...

3 comments:

Escape Pirate said...

The pie turned out quite tasty, if I do say so myself. It's a lot of work, but it does taste good.

Steve Shaver said...

Now you'll have to make another to take to Grandma Shavers so we can all taste your handy work. Chef Josh, doesn't roll off the tongue yet.

Escape Pirate said...

I don't know that I'd want stuff "rolling off of the tongue"...doesn't that usually happen when you are yarking things back up. And last I checked, that's not the sign of good food.