Friday, December 12, 2008

The Twelfth Day of Christmas: Origins

I went and saw The Day the Earth Stood Still tonight. It was okay. Nothing great, but just your good old-fashioned B movie with stuff getting destroyed, bad people dying, and the good guys surviving.

What made the theater-going experience worth it was the trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine.


Wow.

And I mean that: w-o-w.

Maybe it's just because I'm such a comic book nerd and recognized so many characters from the X-Men universe, but color me impressed. I particularly enjoyed Wolverine flying from a car, through the air, up into an oncoming, attacking helicopter. The shot is framed so widely that he's just a tiny thing (with claws) attacking a beast of chopper in slow-motiony action goodness.

I can't wait until May 1, 2009.

No comments: