Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Eleventh Day of Christmas: Space Gas

I have a fascination with brand new gas stations. I don't know exactly what it is - or why - but I love stopping at newly opened stations.

Tonight on the way to my second job, I stopped at a newly-opened Kum & Go station for some gas. It was...awesome. The pumps were new and the paint was fresh and sparkling like tiny diamonds. These things looked like space-age ATM machines. Clear digital displays and the bluest-of-sky-blue lights illuminated your selected gasoline grade. Even the stickers were placed perfectly, not a single one crooked or peeling or popping with air bubbles.

It was such a quiet, perfect night I even heard the tiny whir of the machine printing as it spat out my receipt.

I could have sat at the pump for at least an hour just staring at its perfection.

(Holy bejeezus, am I easily amused and excited.)

No comments: