Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, world!

My Valentine's Day started off a little later than I wanted, but I think it was probably all for the best. I had intentions to wake and get to the gym by a little after 5. I wanted to get in an hour's workout and be home by 6, so that I could get some work done before my plans with The Girl began in earnest.

Instead, I awoke at 6:30 and made it up to the gym by 7. An hour later would be 8 and that wasn't going to be so bad.

Only...

The gym is full of fun equipment. And I was easily distracted by doing "just one more thing." I ended up staying at the gym until after 9 - moving from biking to walking to running. Burned 1,200+ calories and worked hard. It was just what I needed to start the day off.

I'm feeling sore (legs), but amazed with my workout accomplishments today.

And the day will only get better. How cool is that?

(The work? Yeah, I'll do as much as I can today and finish the rest tomorrow - I'm not going to stress out about it all; things tend to work out just fine.)

No comments: