Monday, February 16, 2009

Not A Good Start to the Week

This day has gone from great (this morning) to hell (tonight). As I was leaving work I was reminded about a deadline I missed. At first there was a bit of hope - I was told the deadline was tomorrow - but then I checked and found it that it was actually Friday. Last week.

The lady giving me a haircut - normally an experience that makes my day - ended up grinding the clippers into my ear. My cell phone finally decided it had had enough "Fatal Errors" and simply died. When I was taking my trash out from under the sink I noticed some water. Turns out the sink has been leaking. Brilliant, eh?

And now it's 8 and I want (not really) to go workout - it's a night to run - but nothing of my work - of which there is more than plenty - is done. I got the short story read, but not the review typed. All my posts on the Health blog were supposed to be caught up tonight (nope), and my promise to read my friend's article on his blog will also not occur. The Nutrition Log is current through only Tuesday of last week. Helium promises $5 on the first published article, but only if it's in the next seven days from the initial registration (so, due tomorrow). I kind of thought I might enjoy a comic tonight - my first in a month - but with all that's happening, I'm sure it'd just spontaneously combust if I took it out of the bag.

What a night!

2 comments:

ComputerChick said...

Take a deep breath.
Tomorrow is another day. Let us know if we can help with the sink.

Escape Pirate said...

I may take you up on the offer to help. It's just a small leak - like a bad seal between pipes - but I wouldn't know the first thing about fixing it.

Yeah, tomorrow is another day: an even busier day.