Sunday, January 11, 2009

Miscellaneous Thoughts - Jan. 11

It's such a nice feeling to finally have my place clean. You put something off for so long, and while it takes a good portion of your weekend to complete, it feels wonderful to have it completed.

Ran out of time to get a review posted for Gran Torino. This one may just have to slip away - even though it was a fantastic movie. Truly great and worth seeing. Also saw The Unborn, which was only so-so. Had a few scares and a decent enough story. If I find some free time this week I may get around to reviews for both.

Lost 4.8 lbs. in my first real week of dieting. It's always nice to start off with a big loss. It only gets more difficult from here.

24 started its seventh season tonight. I watched it and enjoyed it well enough. It usually takes the first handful of episodes to really get into the season. There is so much that needs to be set up across all the different on-going story lines, that the show simply needs the time to become wholly engaging. But, I liked it, don't get me wrong.

Today felt so rushed. I was up at 8:30 AM, but even now, at close to 10 PM, I feel as though the day slipped away from me. I know I accomplished enough, but there was so much more I wanted to do.

No comments: