Saturday, January 3, 2009

Not Cleaning

I find myself looking around my still unclean home and thinking: Crap. I have to clean tomorrow. Dishes are piled up on the kitchen counter, bookshelves are in disarray, laundry is scattered across the bedroom floor. The mess just continues to grow.

I did manage to - after months - watch two (The Wendell Baker Story and Human Nature, both so-so) of the three movies from Netflix sitting on my shelf, finish the series Undeclared on DVD, get within 5 episodes of finishing Pushing Daisies (great show cancelled before its time), finish this week's new comics (Superman #683 was exciting), and read some of this pretty intriguing new science fiction book I recently started (Hidden Empire by Kevin J. Anderson). And I'll end the night in a bit by catching up on some episodes of How I Met Your Mother from my DVR.

It hasn't been a wasted day, just not a productively clean one.

1 comment:

ComputerChick said...

I did not watch "Lost" but did clean my entire house, did laundry, dishes, and put away holiday decorations. Good luck with your cleaning . . . try not to get too distracted.
Suggestion: start with one thing at a time ~ perhaps the bathrooms :-)