Thursday, January 15, 2009

Trouble with Top Chef

The problem I have with watching Top Chef is that it makes me so hungry. Granted, the food they prepare - I wouldn't touch 90% of it - might not appeal to me, but somehow the process of cooking - the idea of great tasting food - makes the stomach start grumbling.

This is only my second season with the show, but I'm enjoying it and the cooks, almost as much as I did last season. (I've noticed that the first season of a reality show tends to stick with me as the best - the connection I make with the contestants that draws me to watch the show in the first place probably has a lot to do with it.) Right now my favorite contestants are Jamie, Jeff, Hosea, and Fabio. I also really enjoy the judges (the same reason I enjoyed Project Runway): food expert and author, Padma Lakshmi; renowned chef, Tom Colicchio; and new judge, British food critic, Toby Young. They're tough, and that makes the show interesting and fun.

So really, there is nothing wrong with Top Chef - just my pleading stomach.

No comments: