Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scream for $2.99

Chris Cornell's new album, Scream, is available at Amazon.com today for $2.99. That's a heck of a deal. It even comes with an exclusive bonus track. (The deal may only last the day, I'm not sure, so act fast.) Supposedly the album is a bit of a departure for Cornell - has a more produced, R&B sound to it. "Experimental" is the word being tossed around by critics. Sometimes you can get burned by albums like this. At least with a price of $2.99, if you don't enjoy the album it's not like you are out much. And if you do enjoy it, it is a fantastic deal.

(This is the second week in a row I've picked up an album I wasn't sure about for a very good price through Amazon's very slick, and very affordable digital download store. Bravo, Amazon.)

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

"Scream" is produced by Timbaland I believe. If nothing else it should have some good mixing and production.

Escape Pirate said...

I've listened to just a few songs in the background of working tonight - and I'm enjoying them quite a bit. It is produced by Timbaland, and while it is a departure, it is a lot of fun. And definitely an amazing deal at $2.99.

Midnight Sprinter said...

I gave "Scream" a spin via Rhapsody (TM) and after two or three listens it's growing on me. It's the production is catchy; it's not like it has a bunch of sing-along tunes (for me).

Escape Pirate said...

I can't sing like Cornell, but I do enjoy tunelessly following along. I really enjoy the album.