Monday, March 16, 2009

Week of Vacation - Monday

The day of traveling made it difficult to follow the vacation plan - but that was expected. I did have a great time hanging out in Iowa City with my friends. It was great to see them again (we don't get together nearly enough), and to walk the Ped Mall in Iowa City once more.

Made stops at Prairie Lights (bought a novel by Deb Olin Unferth and the 2008 Edgar Award-winning novel) and Daydream Comics (bought We3, volume 1 of Aaron's run on Ghost Rider, and the over-sized trade of Smith's RASL - all three titles not stocked at my local comic shop). Had to pass up the second Starman omnibus - even though I really want it - because I have asked for it to be ordered at the local shop (but it's been 2 weeks!).

Managed to read my double stories, but didn't get the other reading goals accomplished. Watched the newest episode of House, but didn't make it to the gym. Ate out twice in the same day, and snacked more than I should have, but didn't go too overboard with anything.

All in all, it was a great day. Just not as productive as I hope the rest of the week will turn out to be.

No comments: