Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week of Vacation - Thursday

Read a ton of comics today. Single issues (10+, I don't feel like going to count), trades (Green Lantern: Secret Origin, Air, Midnight Nation, House of Mystery) - just a lot of comics. I also read my short stories, finished a novel - The 39 Clues: The Sword Thief, and worked a bit on The Graveyard Book - which I'd like to finish in the next few days (the three days of vacation left to me).

While reading all those comics I realized I'm not as discouraged by the current state of comics as I was yesterday at the comic shop. There are some good titles being put out each month; I've just fallen far enough behind that I couldn't remember them at the time. I want to write an entire post about this, but not now. Maybe tomorrow.

I also watched Role Models tonight. I really enjoyed the movie in the theaters, and it was just as funny tonight on DVD. I'm glad I shelled out the money to own this film. This is one I'll watch over and over again. As I Tweeted earlier: there are many quotable - and inappropriate - lines of dialogue.

Still feel as though I've wasted this vacation. All my plans - nothing to show. I keep thinking I just need some inspiration, some motivation. But instead of waiting for these things to just show up, I should be DOING something about it.

It's simple, really: GET OFF MY LAZY ASS. Get up out of the chair. Do my work. Stop feeling sorry for myself because I've wasted my vacation - there's NOTHING to be done about it now other than spend the next three days doing what I set out to do all along.

No comments: