Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week of Vacation - Wednesday

I was pleased to share a nice lunch with my mom at Olive Garden. I had a huge herb-grilled salmon fillet, and it was good. Both my mom and I are busy people, and it seems like I see her less and less, but it is always nice to get together, even if it is just for a meal.

Got the call from the comic book shop, as I was driving there, that the copy of Starman: Omnibus #2 I ordered had come in. I was waiting - impatiently - for this ever since I missed it by mere hours a couple of weeks ago during its release. Almost picked up a copy Monday when in Iowa City, but knew, just knew, that if I did it would surely arrive today. (And it did, so I'm glad I waited.)

Spent a good portion of the day reading stories by Joe Hill (they were both excellent) and finishing On Writing by his father, Stephen King. Also read a handful of weekly comics - still no where near current with these - but have, as of yet, not read my goal of one collection daily.

Contemplating exercise or a bit more reading with the remainder of the night.

No comments: