Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Week of Vacation - Tuesday

Spent a lot of time indoors reading and watching TV today. Normally, I wouldn't complain. These are things I enjoy. I'm on vacation. I should be doing things I enjoy.

However -

I didn't follow my diet. I didn't workout like I wanted (I am going out for a walk as soon as I finish this post - with probably only minutes to spare before midnight comes and changes today into tomorrow).

But -

I did read through two trades (WE3 and RASL) and 6 of my weekly comics. I caught up with Smallville (2 episodes), Caslte, and watched 1 of 4 recorded episodes of Fringe. I also read 110+ pages of books sitting on my shelf. On Writing by Stephen King is simply amazing. I'll finish it tomorrow. It is inspiring, to say the least. I also started re-reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman - like I need another book going - just because I was in the mood for it.

I also played around with Stanza (an e-book reader for the iPod Touch) and read my two short stories on the iPod today. It worked rather well. I also downloaded a book by an author I enjoy (Tim Pratt) that I am adding to my collection of novels started, yet not completed.

And I did laundry.

Now, the midnight hour approaches, and I need to be walking.

3 comments:

Escape Pirate said...

Did get the walk in. It was just what I needed - and should never have ignored like I did the past 9 days. Exercise is my friend.

Midnight Sprinter said...

I worked out today, making it twice in two days.

Both times it was 45min on the elliptical machine plus 5 min cool-down. Yesterday I went 4.3 miles; today I made it 4.57. It doesn't look like a big difference but I use the "Aerobic mode" so I have to go backwards sometimes and go 30-45rpm sometimes, so it was quite a change in pace (about an average of 10rpm).

I hope to get another session in tomorrow before we leave mid-afternoon for Ohio. I don't know if I will be able to work out, but I intend to try.

Escape Pirate said...

Great to hear that you are making it to the gym once again. I plan on making a chart to show how we're all doing with this contest - showing points and whatnot. Maybe that'll be the motivation to get back into the swing of things here.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for that fortune teller insight. It's actually sparked all kinds of ideas for me. It has been on my mind ever since you mentioned it. Maybe, just maybe, something will come of it.