Sunday, March 29, 2009

Week of Escaping Tweets - Mar. 29

A collection of some of the escaping thoughts (tweets) from the past week – complete with COMMENTARY!
---
Slow start to the day. When is the weekend? (Yes, I understand it is only Tuesday.) [That was my attitude all week long: longing for the weekend.]

Picked up the remastered Ten by Pearl Jam, and the new Papa Roach. Will be playing both while working tonight. [Big music week for me. Also downloaded some Shane MacGowan, The Bad Plus, and The Dubliners. All good stuff.]

The walk was needed. Had the chance to be tossed around by 30 mph winds while listening to the new Papa Roach. Feel so much better, truly. [Once again, the only workout of the week.]

Would love to stay home from work today and do nothing. Oh wait, that was last week. That was vacation. *sniff* I miss vacation. [The weekend went by too fast, as well.]

Wandered around the bookstore but could find only books I already owned and had not yet read. [Okay, so today I wandered again, and found a few books that I didn’t own and wanted to read. Tuesday there’s a new Coben book!]

Finally registered for RAGBRAI. More expensive this year to ride across the state of Iowa. [3rd hilliest, but at least it’s short. Looks like there will only be 3 of us this year. ]

If you are bald you can make surprisingly accurate game avatars. [The new X-Box Experience allows you to create avatars like the Wii’s Miis. Pretty nifty.]

Why do some people find the need to stand so close to me in line? If you can lick the back of my neck then you are too close. [I was like: step off woman; you’ll get your popcorn soon enough.]
---
As always, follow the Escape Pirate over on Twitter.

No comments: