Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New Comics - August 15, 2007

Cover of the Week:
Killing Girl #1 by Frank Espinosa
Image Comics

If I hadn’t already seen this cover in some promotions for the new mini-series, I would have been pleasantly surprised to see it at the comic shop and instantly would have snapped it up. I’m not too familiar with Espinosa’s art, but his style is very reminiscent of Scott Morse’s amazing work. The dominant red coloring really catches your eye and pops. This cover simply kills.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Amazons Attack! #5
Countdown #37
Booster Gold #1
Five of a Kind: Thunder and Martian Manhunter #1
Black Canary #4
Robin #165
Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #55
Checkmate #17
Justice League of America #12
The Flash #231
Shadowpact #16
Catwoman #70
Killing Girl #1

X Isle (TPB)

Watch for my opinion of this week’s comics in Comic Thoughts as soon as I finish the stack.

No comments: