Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Comics - August 22, 2007

Cover of the Week:
Zombies vs. Robots (HC) by Ashley Wood
IDW Publishing

Ashley Wood’s art and style have always fascinated me. And with a title like Zombies vs. Robots, it was a no-brainer of a choice. It’s an amazingly huge hardcover comic. I especially like the little crying baby the robot is holding in his hand. This was a purchase I hadn’t anticipated, but it was simply too cool a book to pass up. This was actually a great week for covers: Scott Morse had an art book released; Countdown #36 and Batman #668 also had nice cover art.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Birds of Prey #109
Countdown #36
Blue Beetle #18
Five of a Kind: Metamorpho and Aquaman #1
Green Arrow: Year One #4
Batman #668
The Immortal Iron Fist #8

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus vol. 2 (TPB)
Ultimate Spiderman vol. 17: Clone Saga (TPB)
Scrap Mettle: Fast Art by Scott Morse (HC)
Zombies vs. Robots (HC)

Watch for my opinion of this week’s comics in Comic Thoughts as soon as I finish the stack.

No comments: