Monday, August 6, 2007

New Foo - "The Pretender"

There is going to be a new Foo Fighters album - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace - dropping September 25, 2007. I heard the first single - "The Pretender" - on my Sirius satellite radio the other day, and it was fantastic.

I like how the band's sound has evolved with each new record, not changing too drastically, leaving you to wonder if this is a whole new band entirely (I'm looking at you, Metallica). This is the original Foo, only better.

Keep your ears open, and your wallet ready for upcoming release. New Foo!

8 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Hey now, Metallica went back to it's unlistenable roots with St. Anger.

The new Fuel album drops in stores today I believe.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Also, I don't know if you have Hurt's album Vol I. but Vol. II comes out soon too.

Escape Pirate said...

I'm not too upset with Metallica - I do enjoy St. Anger. It's grown on me. It was just a radical change.

Fuel was okay, back in the day, but I've already got enough albums that sound just like them. I'd have to hear some tracks off this new one before I bought it.

And no. I don't have Hurt's album. I'm sure I've heard a release of theirs, but it's not coming to me at the moment. Are they worth buying?

Midnight Sprinter said...

I listened to "The Pretender" on Rhapsody today. It was pretty good.

I also listened to Emerson Hart and Fuel's new albums. Fuel is decent. I will have to pay more attention as I was also playing FIFA 07.

Hurt's songs are Rapture and Falls Apart. I like them a lot. They are a bit darker sounding yet at times use strings. It's like Sevendust with out all the yelling

Escape Pirate said...

I have Hart's new CD - it was a must own after seeing him in concert.

I'll have to look into Hurt's music. Sounds good to me. And I like Sevendust, yelling and all.

Ryan said...

Hurt is frakin' awesome. They've got an acoustic version of Rapture on Octane. I need to buy it.

Midnight Sprinter said...

I will burn you a Hurt CD. Do you have Dark New Day yet, cuz I can give you the hook up on that too... For previewing purposes until you buy them of course.

Escape Pirate said...

I do not have Dark New Day. Thanks for the hook up - for preview purposes - of Hurt.