Saturday, August 25, 2007

Shrinking the Pile - August 24, 2007

pile (pil) n. 1. informal A large accumulation or quantity. 2. A whole lot of Josh – more than necessary, or healthy. (American Heritage Dictionary)

Shrinking the Pile is a record of my attempt to become a more healthy dude by losing a large accumulation of weight through exercise and a healthy diet.
---
Weight last week: 247 lbs
Weight this week: 244 lbs
Change of: -3 lbs

Whoops! I fell asleep last night before I was going to make this post. My bad.

This is another week where I didn’t exercise or watch what I ate. I think the reason I’m still seeing some weight loss is because I’m not snacking constantly throughout the day. I’ve been eating only my three squares because of being busy at work. This might only work for a few more weeks – at most – so I better get started with that pile shrinking plan of attack: walking, running, dieting, weight lifting, and biking.
---
Rat: It’s called “Box Me In.” I will sell them a cardboard box and tell them to shove themselves inside it until they see results.
Goat: That’s ridiculous.
Box Me In insert: A few days after sealing the box, you will become hungry. DO NOT BE AFRAID. The box is WORKING!
(Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis)

No comments: