Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New Comics - August 8, 2007

Cover of the Week:
X-Factor #22 by Pablo Raimondi
Marvel Comics

There weren’t any amazing covers this week. I could have put up the cover to Green Arrow: Year One #3, but I wanted to keep this gallery full of variety – not to say that the Arrow cover by Jock isn’t amazing, it is. Instead, I chose the cover to X-Factor for it’s muted colors and heavy shadows. There’s anger here, and some really well drawn hands (which are difficult to do right). It stands out on the shelf, and that’s really what I’m looking for in this whole Cover of the Week thing – a standout cover.

This is a weekly list of the new comics I picked up at my local comic book shop, Mayhem Comics.

Green Arrow: Year One #3
Countdown #38
Batman #667
Five of a Kind: Katana and Shazam #1
Black Adam #1
Punisher War Journal #10
The Incredible Hulk #109
X-Factor #22
The New Avengers #33

100 Bullets vol. 11: Once Upon A Crime (TPB)
Scalped vol. 1: Indian Country (TPB)

Watch for thoughts or quick reviews when a comic requires the extra attention.

6 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

Your face is full of muted colors and heavy shadows...

Escape Pirate said...

Aww, how sweet of you to say so. Are you sure Missi is okay with you stealing her "your face" thing?

Ryan said...

I thought his face was mutated, with colors, and he lurked in heavy shadows...

Ryan said...

Side Note: DON'T FORGET that we're going to the fair this Sunday. I've got your free ticket and free food tickets. Don't make the monkey stomp on your fleshy testicles!!!

Escape Pirate said...

I remember about the fair on Sunday. I was going to give you a call to make sure you were still planning on going - and taking me with you.

Don't be a fool, remember: pirates always triumph over monkeys.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Threats are fine and all, but lets leave the man's testicles... fleshy or not... alone