Wednesday, August 1, 2007

The (Not) Joy of Moving

Today I was over in Iowa City helping my best friends move into their new townhome.

I hadn't really forgotten how much I dislike moving furniture, but I was reminded today just how much fun it isn't.

The townhome isn't new - it has its share of scrapes and bumps - but it'll be more space than they did have, and closer to the things and people they do and hang out with, respectively. Of course.

Once they get things all unpacked - no envy there - and placed, it'll be home. For now.

Enjoy, you two!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

I hope your "joy" lasts man. Less than a month until I'm gonna need help...

Escape Pirate said...

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of moving: Neal, you, mom, myself...

I should start my own moving company. HA!

Midnight Sprinter said...

Thanks again for coming up and helping out. I'd been screwed without you.