Saturday, July 21, 2007

Gone Biking - RAGBRAI 2007

I’ll be taking the next week off from the blog because I’ll be participating in RAGBRAI – the Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. For those of you not in the know, RAGBRAI is a huge, weeklong bike ride across the state of Iowa from the west border to the east.

This will be my fourth year doing the approximately 500-mile bike ride. It is an amazing feeling the other 51 weeks of the year – just knowing you did something so impressive. The week of riding is only ever okay for me. It’s usually very hot, sometimes windy or stormy. The camping is okay – much better since we started taking campers and support vehicles last year. I enjoy the ride because of the family I ride with – GO TEAM SHAVER.

This means that regular posting will not occur until I return late Saturday, July 28, 2007. I will post a special RAGBRAI version of The Stacks, and the New Media for the past week before I leave tomorrow morning. New Comics, Comic Thoughts, and Shrinking the Pile will all go up once I’ve returned. The Eureka review will go live once I watch the taped episode. There will be no Great Escape this week – the pirate is doing enough as it is.

I may be able to post a quick message or two while on the ride, depending on the lines at the available free Internet locations.

Have a fantastic week!

No comments: