Saturday, July 14, 2007

Schooled By Grandma

I hate being wrong about anything.

I was over hanging out at my grandma's after an early morning bike ride - 17.65 miles at 12.8 mph with Steve, Colby, Ry, Justin, and a buddy of Steve's- and in the course of our discourse got into a slight disagreement over the word - or supposed word - "bedraggled." She was convinced "bedraggled" was a word, and I didn't believe her.

A quick check of the dictionary proved me wrong:

bedraggled adj. Wet, limp, or soiled, as by being dragged through mud.

Oh, Josh. Taken to school by your grandma...hang your head in shame. Shame.

4 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

You're learning all sorts of new words today.

Escape Pirate said...

Yes. Thanks for pilgarlic. Nothing like being reminded that I'm a "bald-headed man."

This is just not a strong day for the pirate.

Midnight Sprinter said...

Maybe it's b/c garlic looks like a bald head? Just be glad your baldness doesn't make you smell like garlic.

Escape Pirate said...

Yeah, that'd be just what I need.