Monday, July 30, 2007

Shrinking the Pile - July 28, 2007

pile (pil) n. 1. informal A large accumulation or quantity. 2. A whole lot of Josh – more than necessary, or healthy. (American Heritage Dictionary)

Shrinking the Pile is a record of my attempt to become a more healthy dude by losing a large accumulation of weight through exercise and a healthy diet.
---
Weight last week: 255 lbs
Weight this week: 246 lbs
Change of: 9 lbs

When I came home from RAGBRAI Monday night – after 2.5 days of riding – I was down 6 lbs. I hoped that my three days at home in the middle of the week wouldn’t ruin the loss of weight I had managed riding bike. Whether it did or not, I don’t know for sure, but I did still manage to lose 9 lbs total over the week. So, I’m not complaining.

This will be my first real week to attack the pile since I started this feature. We’ll see how it goes. I do have garage building and friend moving that will be more practical forms of exercise.

I’m just happy there was finally a loss.
---
Rat: It’s called “Box Me In.” I will sell them a cardboard box and tell them to shove themselves inside it until they see results.
Goat: That’s ridiculous.
Box Me In insert: A few days after sealing the box, you will become hungry. DO NOT BE AFRAID. The box is WORKING!
(Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis)

No comments: