Saturday, July 7, 2007

Happy Wedding Day, Alissa!
Updated July 8, 2007 9:56 AM

My cousin, Alissa, is getting married this afternoon. She's the first of my cousins - she's my age - to get married.

It's supposedly a very popular day - 7.7.07 - to get married. It is a lot of sevens (good luck, right?), and it is easy to remember. It looks like it will be a beautiful day for the...mini-golfing.

Yeah. I said it. "Mini-golfing." It's not like the weather impacts the wedding that much. It is inside a church. Still, maybe there are outdoor pictures, or something. In that case, sure, the weather is beautiful for that as well.

It's a pretty sweet deal for all the wedding guests - the mini-golf. After the ceremony, but before the reception - at a golf course - we get free games of mini-golf. That's some smart thinking. It keeps our big family...occupied.

But enough about the mini-golf. Congratulations to Alissa and Mike! I hope you have a terrific day and a wonderful life together.

Update (July 8, 2007 9:56 AM):
Here's a picture of the happy couple leaving the church.

Oh. The mini-golf? It was
hot. I still managed a hole-in-one, and a final score of 5 over par - winning the game in my group.

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

You probably won b/c the rest couldn't see over the glare coming off your head!

It was nice to hang out with you again. Hopefully we'll get more chances soon.

Escape Pirate said...

Hardy har har. I won because I rock on the mini-golf.