Thursday, July 19, 2007

More with Corel Painter

I attempted to use the digital watercolor tools in Corel tonight.

I'm not so sure how well I like this sketch - a swipe of Andi Watson's cover from the Free Comic Book Day edition of Love Fights #1. The pencil sketch of the figure turned out pretty well, but the watercolors on top of it...well, I'm not so happy with them. I think I need to go through more of the tutorials to get the "feel" of each material in the program.

I probably won't have the time to do so until after RAGBRAI, but it gives me something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll get better the more you use your new toy. -Shack Boy

Midnight Sprinter said...

Are Shack Boy and Nature Boy allies or enemies? Is Shack Boy in tune with nature or a symbol of the industrialization and pollution of American - and international - forests and lakes? Find out on next week's episode of Rocky and Bullwinkle!!

Escape Pirate said...

Dude, I don't understand a word coming out of your mouth.