Friday, July 6, 2007

The Pirate Escapes V

Here's how it works: the pirate is given five items - as varied and crazy as you can imagine - and a single scenario of peril to escape. From there, things get...interesting as the pirate attempts ANOTHER GREAT ESCAPE.

The Items:
1. Blindfold
2. Stick of dynamite
3. Wallet made of duct-tape
4. Cassette tape of Air Supply’s Greatest Hits
5. 15 inches of rope

The Scenario of Peril:
You’ve been blindfolded and thrown out of a helicopter into the desert. Your hands are tied, and you’ve fallen from 12 feet up. (Courtesy of Erica)
---
I fall and land properly, rolling to my side, and avoid breaking any bones. I drag my face over the rough ground to loosen the blindfold. It slips free from my head.

Finally able to see again, I spot a sharp rock – a rock I narrowly avoided during my impromptu crash landing – and use it to cut the rope, freeing my hands.

I now have two, equal, 7½-inch sections of rope. I stuff them in my pocket to use later.

I can see the helicopter still hovering above me. Watching.

I quickly peel apart my wallet made of duct-tape. I grab a baseball-sized rock and use the duct-tape to secure the stick of dynamite to it. I toss the rock/dynamite combination up at the hovering helicopter before the pilot can react.

The explosion outside the helicopter startles the pilot. He suddenly loses control of the bladed beast, and it gently falls to the ground.

I rush up and quickly bind the dazed pilot’s thumbs together using my two small sections of rope. I look the helicopter over and determine it is still capable of flight.

I hop into the pilot’s seat, jam my cassette tape of Air Supply’s Greatest Hits into the deck, and take off. What could have been a grizzly demise in a barren desert turned into, Another Great Escape, Pirate!
---
And that's how it is done. If you have a perilous scenario and five tools of escape to challenge me, please post them in the comments...and you will soon witness: Another Great Escape, Pirate!

2 comments:

Midnight Sprinter said...

I'm certain your fall was nonlethal due to your hapkido training; that fall would have certainly killed the untrained man.

I like how the helicopter lands softly after a stick of dynamite goes off near it and the pilot has to perform an emergency landing. Lucky pirate.

Escape Pirate said...

That hapkido does still find its way into my everyday life.

I am a lucky pirate. I'd have to be. The good luck balances out the fact that I balded while under 20, and now weigh a whopping 250lbs. Checks and blances.