Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Am Returned

I'm back from RAGBRAI a bit earlier than expected. About 5 days earlier.

I sort of knew this would happen, that I'd be called for interviews the one week of the summer I had plans. I called to check messages when I arrived in Humboldt on Monday afternoon, and found two school districts wishing to set up interviews. Strangely enough, both messages were within 4 minutes of each other.

What this means for my bike ride across Iowa...well, let's just say that it's a good thing I've done the ride before. The soonest I could rejoin the group would be Thursday night in Independence. I could then ride Friday and Saturday - about another 110 miles. I may end up just riding Saturday. I have to see how these interviews get scheduled and pan out.

I thought I would mention that I'm back, but don't expect an outflow of posts. I need to prepare for my interviews. I'll be spending my time brushing up on all the cutting edge teaching techniques and whatnot. Interviews are stressful.

I'll return to the blog full force Sunday or Monday. Sporadic posts until then.

No comments: