Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Good Ride

I went out this morning for a 21.03 mile bike ride with my mom (her first time out this year), Ry, Jake, and three of the uncles - Steve, Scott, and John. It felt like it was going to be a hot and humid ride, but after we started, I barely even noticed the heat or the humidity. That made for a very nice ride. We rode on the trail from Altoona to Pleasant Hill, and back.

I mainly stayed back and rode with my mom. We averaged a respectable 10.6 mph for over 20 miles of riding. That's not bad for a first ride. I was glad for the easier ride today. The past week has taken a toll - a lot of heat and a lot of hard work.

Riding bike alone is okay (as long as I have my music), but going with a group is so much more enjoyable. Without the group, the only person I could laugh at when they fall over would be me - and that's no fun. Steve couldn't get unclipped in time today, and he fell. We all had a good laugh. But I can't say much because I've come so close too many times myself.

No comments: