Saturday, June 23, 2007

Almost Swallowed Whole

Today is just not my day. I ended up sleeping until 11, which is fine, but it really eats up a good portion of my waking hours.

Then, once I did get out, I left my cell phone at home. I drove over to my mom's new house to take some pictures of the construction and managed to sink ankle-deep in mud. It is a very impressive foundation she has poured, though. Probably wasn't the smartest idea to go exploring in my sandals, but I'm just not on my game today. There was a point when I swore my sandals were goners, that I would never get them pulled out of the mud. It's like the mud burped up and attempted to swallow me whole.

After that fiasco, I managed to bend and break my new sunglasses. A week old and already in heaven.

I'm just waiting for the lightning bolt to drop from the sky and zap me while I try to watch Die Hard with a Vengeance tonight. I'll keep my muddy toes crossed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've designed a card, just for you. The front:
"Who needs sandals and sunglasses..." Picture of you with bare muddy feet wearing broken sunglasses.
Inside:
"when you have friends like us!" Picture of us hugging you.

I think it's a winner.

Escape Pirate said...

I think you two are the real winners. With friends like you, I never have to worry about being swallowed whole.

It would be a great card, I give you that.

Unknown said...

Isn't it waaaaaay past your bedtime?

Escape Pirate said...

Yeah, well, I have been known to stay up later when I sleep in. It's rare, but it happens.