Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ocean's Thirteen Review

I saw Ocean’s Thirteen for the second time tonight. I really enjoyed this movie. It’s just a fun show. I shouldn’t have been surprised; I thought the first two were great. I love con/heist movies.

The thing about seeing these types of movies more than once is that the second time around you catch so much more. This time around I noticed little off-hand remarks throughout the beginning of the movie that related to events later on. I wasn’t lost the first time I saw the movie because I didn’t notice this stuff, or put it all together, I managed to follow the story just fine. It is a bonus catching it all the second time through.

Now, some people complain that these types of movies are “too confusing” or “too hard to follow.” I just don’t understand. Are lots of different things going on? Is the story not linear? Sure, sure. But that doesn’t make it confusing. Just pay attention.

Anyway, Ocean’s Thirteen is the most fun I’ve had at a movie so far this summer. While Spiderman 3 was a bit bloated, and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End was a tad convoluted, Ocean and the gang stole the show.
---
It’s not over though – summer, that is. There’s still Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfter, Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers, Daywatch, and Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix. And that’s only a handful of movies coming out in the next month or so.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I hate you. I want to see a movie in the theatres more than once before it's gone. I'm lucky to get to it once before it's out on DVD. Hate Hate Hate You!!!

Escape Pirate said...

Going to see Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer tomorrow. Whoo! You're just going to need to drag Amy out at night. Or hit one on the weekend. I'm sure it doesn't help that you have to work late most nights, either. Sorry.